Construction and installation of factory fire alarm system plays an important role in ensuring the safety of life and property of enterprises. Each factory has its own fire protection system suitable to its scale, production characteristics and financial budget. Today, company P69 will delve into the design and installation standards of factory fire alarm systems. Please refer!
Factory fire alarm system installation
According to the building process that is applied in most factories
+ Construction and installation of wall fire protection system: mainly workshops and mechanical warehouses, printing workshops… with low fire and explosion risk.
+ Construction and installation of automatic fire protection systems in factories, warehouses, chemical warehouses, textiles… with high risk of fire and explosion.
+ Construction of semi-automatic fire protection is simple with only fire fighting equipment such as valves, coils, fire boxes…
A design drawing of the factory fire alarm system installation must meet the following requirements:
+ Quickly detect the exact fire
+ Alarm to the processing department
+ No problems when a fire occurs
+ Not affected by other installations
Technical requirements when designing fire alarm systems for factories:
– Detecting fire quickly according to the proposed function.
– Convert the signal when detecting a fire into an alarm signal and send it to relevant parts for handling.
– Has good anti-interference ability.
– Quickly and clearly signal any incident that affects the accuracy of the system.
– Unaffected by shared or separate installations.
– No partial or total paralysis caused by fire before detection of fire.
– The fire alarm system must ensure reliability to ensure that no errors or other unfortunate events occur.
– External influences that cause problems for a part of the system will not cause further problems in the system.
Requirements in construction and installation of factory fire alarm system equipment
Requirements in the construction and installation of factory fire alarm system equipment include:
1. Fire Alarm Control Panel (Fire Alarm Control Panel) according to fire alarm design standards
– For factories, the capacity of control cabinets should be about 12 zones. When a fire alarm occurs, it will pinpoint the exact location of the fire.
2. Fire Alarm Bell:
Along the corridors, where many people often pass, according to the fire safety design standards for factories, it is possible to install alarm bells, emergency pull switches (Full Station) (see that area as a public place according to NFPA 72E) ).
Sound alarm devices (Bells, Speakers …) must have a sound intensity greater than 100dB (at a distance of 1m). Install the BL bell to reach 100dB, strictly according to the North American ULC standard.
3. Smoke/heat detector:
In separate rooms fitted with ION type smoke detectors, they will detect a fire signal when the smoke of the fire penetrates its sensor chamber. The detectors here operate with high reliability, suitable for environments with high humidity, temperature fluctuations, and high anti-interference.
Smoke detectors are installed on ceilings in warehouses and rooms. We choose the 12 VDC SYSTEM SENSOR detector (in accordance with North American ULC design standards), for the factory, it has a sensitivity of 1.5% – 3.0%.
4. Emergency pull switch (Pull Station)
This device allows the user to actively transmit the fire alarm signal to the center by pulling the switch. The switch is installed on the wall and construction components at a height of 1.5m from the floor (based on the fire protection design standards for factories TCVN 5738-1993).
In addition, this switch is also connected to the fire fighting system (Wall water supply, Spinkler …) we choose DEMCO emergency alarm switch (North American ULC standard)
5. Technical parameters according to the design standards of pccc for factories in Vietnam
Specifications according to pccc design standards for factories in Vietnam that you may be interested in:
5.1. Fire alarm handling center
– Power supply 220V AC – 50Hz – Dry battery 24 VDC-35AH.
– Backup for AC loss – 3 hours in alarm state and 24 hours in monitoring state (normal).
– There are 40 zones
– Has the function of checking technical problems: Displayed by lights (Trouble Lamp) and Buzzer seal, linked with Fire Alarm systems to the Switchboard.
5.2. Smoke detector standard design firefighting for factory
– Operating voltage: DC 24V (nominal)
– Operating voltage range: 16V – 26V DC
– Current province: 45micro Amp
Alarm current: 20mA (at 24V DC)
– Ambient temperature: -150C + 550C
– Average sensitivity: 1.5 – 3%/foot
5.3. Standard temperature detector pccc design for factory
– Operating voltage: DC 6-28V (electrical ratings)
– Current province : 0 Amp
– Max load current: 1Amp (at 6-28VDC)
– Standard ambient temperature: -150C + 550C
– Temperature sensing speed sensitivity: 8 degrees Celsius/minute
– Fixed induction temperature: 57 degrees Celsius
5.4. BL Fire Alarm/Sensor
– Operating voltage: 24V
– Sound intensity: 100Db
5.5. Fire alarm flash
– Red – flashes at a cycle of 90 times/minute.
– Power consumption 1W.
5.6. Emergency alarm switch
– Voltage contact rating: 30VDC
– Max current (load when acting): 500mA
– Paint color: red
Requirements on features and structure of fire alarm systems for factories
Requirements on features and structure of fire alarm systems for factories include:
1. Fire alarm system performance requirements for factories
The fire alarm system requires quick detection, accurate fire location notification automatically, so that the operator can issue orders to effectively extinguish the fire in a timely manner.
2. Requirements on the structure of the factory
Fire alarm system includes basic equipment according to fire protection design standards for factories:
– Fire Control Panel (Fire Control Panel) type ZONE, using 40 ZONE.
– Input devices include: Smoke detector (Smoke Detector), temperature detector or other signal conversion devices: Transmitter, Transforder,…
– Output devices (Output) include: fire alarm speakers or fire alarm bells, incident lights, location lights, etc.
– Alarm output of audible alarm devices such as fire alarms, fire sirens, signal lights, etc., are located in the corridors and outside the door to make it easy to hear and detect. When there is a fire incident, the alarm sound intensity is over 100db. The fire protection system for the factory is designed so that everyone can escape and take measures to extinguish the fire in a timely manner.
– Signal transmission wire and power supply cord for fire alarm system. All the above electronic equipment is consolidated in one system and handled by the Process Center. and it is regularly monitored (24/24 hours) to promptly detect signs of fire occurring.
Requirements on operation of fire alarm system according to fire protection design standards for factories:
Fire alarm system activity is always monitored and displayed in one of the following three states:
1. Normal (Normal)
– In this state, the system is monitoring normally, no problem occurs. Tells us that there are no fires, or no transmission errors or system failures.
2. Technical problems (Trouble)
– In this state, the processing center of the system notifies us of possible damage such as: Backup battery is exhausted or weak, main power is lost, input signal circuit , out is open (broken) or cool.
3. Fire alarm (Fire):
In this state, according to the fire alarm design standards for the factory, the fire alarm system must notify our factory of the fire incident through alarm signals such as bells, whistles, and indicator lights. there is a fire incident so that the operator can promptly take measures to extinguish the fire.
Fire alarm system is a closed system, managing input and output devices, as well as signal transmission system closely. Any incident is reported in a timely and accurate manner (when there is a fire in the factory, its characteristic signs include: Smoke is generated, temperature rises, fire develops. out …
In principle, according to the standards of fire protection design for factories, the transducers for each of these types of phenomena will sense such phenomena and convert the fire signal (non-electrical signal) into an electrical signal transmitted to the processing center. main and transmit fire alarm signal (Alarm) at output devices (such as Speaker, bell, telephone, light, address display…)
Contact us today for a free consultation and answer at:
Contact information P69 – M&E Contractor
Address: No. 6/165C Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Hotline: 02437688156 – 0965937799
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOUwCnE5iGj8iqe_ZIUM7oA