Installing an addressable fire alarm system is the most specialized fire alarm system available today. They become important fire alarm systems in large projects. So what is an addressable fire alarm system? How to install a standard addressable fire alarm center? Why should you choose to install an addressable fire alarm center? Follow the article below of Company P69 to find the answer!
What is an addressable fire alarm center?
Addressable fire alarm centers are devices that are installed on a signal line with different addresses and on the same signal line, how many devices can be installed, depending on the type of fire alarm cabinet supporting. How many devices can be supported on one signal line?
The addressable fire alarm system is more flexible than the conventional fire alarm system, we will know exactly where a fire has occurred because the heat detector smoke detector has a separate address.
Main features of the installation of an addressable fire alarm center
- The system determines the point capacity by the number of loops or its signal circuit
- Power and communications will be provided through the loop. At the same time, the loop circuit will monitor all devices connected to it.
- Depending on different manufacturers, the loop circuit can connect over 100 addressable devices. Each loop can contain many different addressable devices. As for the non-addressable devices will be connected to the loop circuit through the address module.
- When setting up the address: each address will be connected to a single point on the loop
- The control cabinet conducts monitoring to all devices in the loop.
- This system allows people to quickly find the location of a fire. Thanks to the point fire alarm function
- The system allows multiple systems to support flexible input/output programming. To connect input devices to output devices.
Input devices and output devices of addressable fire alarm center
Input devices and output devices of an addressable fire alarm system include:
1. Input device of addressable fire alarm system
- Addressable smoke detector
- Addressable heat detector
- Addressable heat combined smoke detector
- Smoke detectors for addressable ventilation ducts
- Addressable fire alarm button
- Module for addressless fire detector
- One-input monitoring module, two-input monitoring module
- 16-way I/O module (FN-4127-I/O)
- The monitoring inputs on the fire alarm center…
2. Output device of addressable fire alarm system
- Module for controlling bells, whistles and fire alarm lights
- Relay control module
- 16-way I/O module (FN-4127-I/O)
- Addressable fire detector base with built-in fire alarm
- Lines for bells, whistles, lights directly on the fire alarm center (NAC)
- The relays on the fire alarm panel.
3. Power supply
The 220VAC/24VDC converter power supply supplies voltage and current to modules for conventional detectors, modules for bells, whistles, fire alarms and other control-powered devices.
4. TCH-B200 . address setting device
Used to set addresses for detectors, modules and check their operating status.
Working principle of automatic addressable fire alarm system
Peripheral device control module is a device responsible for generating signals to control peripheral devices in an automatic addressable fire alarm system. Addressable automatic fire alarm system has 3 working states
1. Permanent status
In this state, the system always sends test signals to the base devices. At the same time, attached devices are also programmed to respond to these signals to report working status.
+ About maintenance and maintenance. In the system will be installed according to a specific period of time to print the operating status of the whole system. Also displays equipment that needs maintenance and replacement.
2. Fire alarm status:
+ When a fire occurs, abnormal factors such as smoke and heat will appear in the environment. When these anomalies reach the set threshold. At this time, the fire detectors will detect and transmit information to the control center cabinet.
+ At the control center cabinet, the transmitted information will be processed according to the pre-programmed scenario. The cabinet will display the fire alarm signals transmitted at the LCD screen. On the screen will show the full location where the fire is happening. At the same time, the cabinet will transmit signals to peripheral devices so that they can emit warning sounds to humans.
+ If the fire alarm center is programmed with additional monitoring functions for other devices. In case those devices have problems, the system will notify the supervisor that the device needs to be monitored. This information is displayed on the LCD screen. Once these devices have been monitored and tested, the system will automatically return to its normal state.
3. Malfunction status.
If in this state, the center receives error signals or does not receive response signals from devices. The system will automatically go into trouble mode. Detailed information about the problem is displayed on the LCD screen. The information will clearly show where the problem occurred. When the problems are fixed, the system will automatically return to the normal working state.
Instructions for installing standard addressable fire alarm centers
Normally, to install an addressable fire alarm system, we follow the following 4 steps. However, during the construction process, depending on the actual situation, the order of steps can be changed.
1. Step 1: Check the drawings, make the construction plan
– Check the investor’s fire alarm requirements and plans
– Check the calculation of the overall number of devices on the drawing and the number for each Loop by Loop
– Connections, communication with other devices (PA, Elevator, pressure fan …)
– Calculate the power used for devices (bells, lights, whistles…) and peripheral devices including control devices, if any, if not enough, an auxiliary power supply must be used for the fire alarm center.
– Calculation of battery capacity (operating time after power failure – normally 1 hour normal and 5 minutes fire alarm)
– Make the most optimal wiring plan (loop and branch circuits)
2. Step 2: Pull wire, install equipment (install addressable fire alarm center)
– Pull the rope according to the drawing and the proposed plan
+ Power cord (Power for the module, power for the bell, the power line to control the system via the Relay Module)
+ Signal wire (Signal wire for loop loop or branch circuit, signal wire from monitoring modules, normal detectors, input of modules
– installation of equipment according to the defined location plan
– Check correct installation + – signal and power
– Measure and check continuity, short-circuit and other wiring errors
Step 3: Programming
Installing and programming an addressable fire alarm center and exhaust control is a professional and detailed process to ensure the safety of human life and property of each individual business every time. there is a fire incident.
In particular, programming the fire alarm control panel is the most important and also the most difficult step, requiring the help of highly qualified engineers.
Step 4: Check the completion of the installation of the addressable fire alarm center
– Activate fire alarms in some areas check the bell signal display name
– Trigger input devices that affect pre-programmed outputs, test control terminals
– Check for possible errors on the cabinet
– Handover of Acceptance.
What is the function of an addressable fire alarm system?
- This system is capable of detecting a fire in the area where it is installed for protection. With fast detection time, fully automatic and high alarm accuracy.
- They have the ability to automatically emit alarm signals. Automatically instruct and control devices in the system to perform a certain task.
- In particular, the system is also capable of detecting smoldering fires when there is no flame. Thus, they will provide maximum protection for your home.
Why should you choose to install an addressable fire alarm center?
Addressable fire alarm system is a specialized fire alarm system used by many people with the following advantages:
1. Advantages of the system
- Cost effective for larger applications.
- The location of the fire condition is detected and recorded at each individual device, pinpointing the exact location of the fire. This will improve response times for emergency responders.
- Continually lower service costs, because when a device breaks down (i.e. needs cleaning, repair or replacement), the control panel will tell you the exact location of the device that needs service.
- Online capabilities: The new smart board is capable of providing detailed online notifications of alarm/incident/monitoring events.
2. Notes to know
When deciding to choose an addressable fire alarm system, you should pay attention to the following issues:
- Cost, not competitive pricing for smaller applications.
- Usually with a smart panel, your peripherals (eg smoke detectors, etc.) tend to be more expensive than conventional devices.
- This control panel is like a computer and sometimes problems can be caused by the control panel software part. However, this is not common, and the advantages of smart boards far outweigh any firmware issues.
Contact us today for a free consultation and answer at:
Contact information P69 – M&E . M&E Contractor
Address: No. 6/165C Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Hotline: 02437688156 – 0965937799