Proper installation of ductwork is a prerequisite for the ductwork system to function properly, safely and long-term. Therefore, this operation is extremely important and must be understood. If you are wondering about how to install a smooth round duct, do not ignore the article of P69 Joint Stock Company!
Standard air duct installation process
In order to properly install the ductwork, the following procedure should be strictly followed:
1. Transport and lift ducts
After the ducts are transported to the installation site, they are supported by specialized lifting devices, pulleys, hoists or manually to assist in lifting the ducts to the required position.
To ensure the correct installation of ductwork, it is necessary to use anti-corrosion paint for ductwork.
– Wipe off the dust or rust on the surface of the ductwork and keep the pipe dry before applying the primer.
– Must paint in a dry environment, thin, even paint film, say no to paint residue, uneven, lumpy, wrinkled, and impurities.
– The racks and supports must also be painted with anti-corrosion paint like the ductwork. Note that it is necessary to repaint the last layer when installing the complete system.
3. Duct insulation
To insulate the ductwork, two basic methods are used: insulation panels and insulation wool, specifically as follows:
– Insulation sheet made of polymeric material with silver coating
After cleaning the duct surface, apply glue outside, cut and stick the insulation sheet on the duct. After 10 to 12 hours, the glue will dry again. Note, all seams and joints must be insulated to ensure safety.
– Fiberglass insulation wool with silver coating:
Similar to the above, after cleaning the duct, proceed to apply glue, stick nails on the duct. The distance between the nails is 250~300mm, the time to wait for the glue to dry is 10~12 hours. The wool is cut and glued, stapled to the tube and covered with an additional layer of tape to seal the joint.
4. Connecting the air duct to the duct
When performing this operation, do not place electrical wires, cables and pipes with harmful gases, especially flammable gas or liquid pipes inside the duct. This is an important principle in how to properly install the ductwork.
Note, removable joints should not be placed on floors and walls. Brackets, supports, supports must not be directly attached to the duct flange. Air ducts through walls and ceilings must have outer cage bushings for protection. There must be a suitable fixed point to prevent vibration and shaking of the suspended ductwork. Metal parts and fittings for ductwork shall have an anti-corrosion coating.
In the standard way of installing air ducts, in addition to connecting with angle steel flanges, people connect the ducts in different forms. Common connection ways are TDC and TDF flanges, C brace.
5. Air duct connection with flexible connection
When connecting air ducts with flexible connections, care should be taken to use flexible connections of sufficient length, should not be stretched or left too loose, which will cause blockage of the ducts.
6. Connect the flexible duct to the air outlet box
When connecting the flexible duct to the air intake box, use a 20mm x 0.6mm brace or a wire with good torsion resistance and a length suitable for the circumference of the flexible duct. Pay attention to tightening the brace nut or twisting the wire to the round neck wall mounted on the duct box.
7. Connecting ducts to other accessories
Properly installing standard ductwork involves several meticulous steps. In addition to connecting the ducts together, it is necessary to connect the ducts with other accessories to create a complete duct system. Accessories that need to be connected to the ductwork include:
– Connect the air duct with a flow control valve, fire prevention valve, and one-way valve
– Connecting air ducts to shrinking and reducing fittings (similar to connecting ducts to ducts)
8. Mount the louver and the plenum box to the wall:
The louver is captured into the opening located on the outdoor side of the wall
The airbox is caught in the opening located on the inside of the wall
9. Install the air inlet and vent box with the ceiling and wall
The air inlet is linked to the air outlet box as a set and is sealed with silicone. The vent can be hung on the ceiling or the vent can be placed on the ceiling or wall.
Contact information P69 – M&E Contractor
Headquarter: No. 6/165C Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Hotline: 02422121212 – 0965937799