Fire extinguishers are important fire fighting equipment. Anyone can easily buy this equipment, but not everyone knows the standards governing the installation of fire extinguishers . Therefore, the effectiveness of using fire extinguishers is not high. How to install fire extinguisher according to TCVN? Note in regulations on installation of fire extinguishers? How to install fire extinguisher? The answer is in the following content shared by P69 Company :
How to install fire extinguisher according to TCVN?
According to the National Standard TCVN 12314-2:2022 on Fire Prevention – Fire Extinguishers, the requirements for installing fire extinguishers are as follows:
– Gas cylinders are only applicable to areas where there are usually no people and must meet the requirements of the compatibility of the extinguishing gas with the combustible substance.
– Gas cylinders used to fight fires in enclosed areas or equipment with built-in enclosures to ensure the time to maintain extinguishing concentrations as specified in TCVN 7161-1.
– Automatic activated fire extinguishers must be installed in accordance with the specifications declared by the manufacturer and tested in accordance with the provisions of this standard. Gas cylinders can be installed in protected areas, Air cylinders do not require a manual trigger.
– Gas cylinders must be installed within the specifications stated by the manufacturer:
+ Installation height.
+ Coverage area of the fire sprinkler head.
+ Distance between gas cylinders in the system (if any).
– Air discharge nozzles can be mounted on the valve assembly or installed away from the air tank within verified limits. The distance between the air discharge nozzle and the ceiling of the protected area is not more than 300 mm.
– The maximum installation height of the heat sensor part as announced by the manufacturer but not more than 9 m high, the distance from the heat sensor part to the ceiling of the protected area must ensure the distance from 0, 08 m – 0.4 m. The maximum distance between the heat sensor elements is according to the following table:
– The hanging frame, the holder of the gas cylinder must be made of non-combustible materials, fixed and capable of withstanding the jet generated when the gas cylinder is discharged (the types of optical hangers, the hangers are not capable of fixing the gas cylinders). is not accepted). The maximum working pressure of the gas cylinder shall be in accordance with the extinguishing gases specified in the corresponding parts of TCVN 7161.
Latest regulatory standards for standard fire extinguisher installation
Vietnamese standard TCVN 2622:1995 on fire prevention and fighting for houses and buildings – Design requirements and regulations on fire-fighting media containers used in wall-throat fire fighting systems are as follows:
(1) Doors of wall cabinets for placing fire hydrants (fire-fighting media containers) are allowed to be made of combustible materials.
(2) Fire-fighting equipment containers must be arranged next to the entrance, on the landing of the elevator, in the lobby, corridor and other places where it is easy to see and use.
(3) The fire-fighting equipment box must have a valve lock, sprinkler, and fire hose reel of sufficient length as calculated.
(4) The number of wall-mounted fire-extinguishing media boxes must correspond to the number of fire-fighting hydrants for each point inside the house as prescribed in TCVN-2622:1995; As follows:
Arrange 1 box for fire fighting equipment
Cases where it is necessary to arrange 1 fire hydrant corresponding to 1 fire fighting vehicle container, including:
– Administrative works from 6 to 12 floors with volume up to 25,000 m3.
– Family houses with 4 floors or more, hotels and collective houses, public houses with 5 floors or more with a volume of up to 25,000m3. Single-family houses up to 16 stories high.
– Hospitals, backup facilities, kindergartens, kindergartens, shops, railway stations, outbuildings of industrial works with volume from 5,000 m3 to 25,000 m3.
– The rooms are arranged under the stands of the stadium with a volume of 5000 m3 at 25,000 m3 and the sports hall with a volume of up to 25,000 m3.
– Resorts, holiday homes, museums, libraries, and design offices with volume from 7,500 m3 to 25,000 m3. Exhibitors have a display area of less than 500 m2.
– The hall, the audience rooms are equipped with fixed movie projectors with a capacity of 300 to 800 seats.
Arrange 2 boxes of fire fighting equipment
Cases where it is necessary to arrange 2 fire-fighting hydrants corresponding to 2 fire-fighting media containers, including:
– Houses of all kinds are 12 ÷ 16 floors high.
– The administrative building is 6 ÷ 12 floors high.
– Hotels, dormitories, sanatoriums, motels, hospitals, kindergartens, kindergartens, museums, libraries, exhibition halls, shops, railway stations, schools with larger volume 25,000m3.
– Ancillary buildings of industrial works with a volume greater than 25,000m3.
– The rooms are arranged under the stadium stands and sports halls with a volume of more than 25,000m3.
– Theaters, cinemas, clubs, cultural houses, circuses, concert halls with over 800 seats, scientific research institutes.
– Manufacturer except for those specified in Article 10 ÷ 17.
– Warehouses with a volume of 5,000m3 or more containing flammable materials or fire prevention materials stored in flammable packages.
The most detailed fire extinguisher installation standards
Regulations on installation of fire extinguishers that you need to comply with are:
Place for fire extinguishers
The location of the fire extinguisher is a place where it is easy to see and easy to get. The area for the fire extinguisher should be free of obstructions. When a fire occurs, it is easy to reach for a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire as quickly as possible.
- Do not leave fire extinguishers in hard-to-reach locations (under stairs, locked rooms), objects that cover fire extinguishers
- Do not place the fire extinguisher directly on the ground
- Do not place the extinguisher near or in an area with very high or low temperatures, near corrosive chemicals, and out of direct sunlight.
- Outdoor fire extinguishers placed in cabinets or sheltered locations
How to install a fire extinguisher
Rapid fire extinguishers are damaged, even obstacles cause accidents if not installed properly and in the wrong position. Therefore, when installing fire extinguishers, it is necessary to use a combination of racks or cabinets for fire extinguishers.
Shelves, shelves or cabinets/boxes for fire extinguishers are made of sturdy iron. The outside of the cabinet is covered with an anti-oxidation and easy-to-recognize red powder coating.
The cabinet has a transparent glass door that is easy to see the equipment inside and is not locked. A fire extinguisher cabinet can hold up to 3 extinguishers.
Note how to install the fire extinguisher
There are a few notes you need to know in how to install a fire extinguisher that are:
- New and used fire extinguishers separate
- Distance between fire extinguishers 29m-30m
- Area of 80m2 to install at least 2 fire extinguishers
- Fire extinguishers should be kept near stairs or emergency exits
- The height of the fire extinguisher is about 1.5m
- There should be a signboard to the location of the fire extinguisher
Storing fire extinguishers
Do you know how to maintain a fire extinguisher? The effectiveness and durability of a fire extinguisher depends greatly on how it is maintained. However, many people are not really interested in this issue.
Storage of fire extinguishers is carried out as follows:
- When it is necessary to move the fire extinguisher, it should be done gently
- Periodically check the tank according to the manufacturer’s regulations, at least once a month
- Check nozzle parts, powder volume in tank and propellant gas
- Recharge the extinguisher when the needle is just below the green line. Before fully refilling, you will have to remove the seal of the bottle and clean the dust and powder parts
- Replace a new fire extinguisher after 5 years of use
Note in regulations on installation of fire extinguishers
Installing an effective fire extinguisher is a concern of many people today. Therefore, when installing a fire extinguisher, the investor should pay attention to the following issues:
1. Install fire extinguishers in visible and easily accessible places
Fire extinguishers need to be installed in locations that are convenient for use. Avoid placing in places that interfere with sighting and retrieval in the event of a fire.
According to the regulations on installing fire extinguishers, absolutely do not leave the extinguisher under water. Ensure that the fire extinguisher is always recognizable and easy to use when there is an emergency. Do not allow large objects to block the view of the fire extinguisher.
2. Do not leave fire extinguishers in locations that are too hot or too cold
Each fire extinguisher has an ideal operating temperature. The user should ensure that the fire extinguisher system is placed in locations where the temperature does not exceed the specified level.
Absolutely do not place the flask in locations with extremely hot or cold temperatures, as well as places with high humidity or strong corrosive properties. Extinguishers should avoid direct exposure to sunlight and water environments.
3. Suitable fire extinguisher installation height
At the location where the fire extinguisher is installed, a signboard should be designed so that people can easily see it. Hang the vase with a system of hooks, or design a stand and specialized racks.
The ideal height for installing fire extinguishers from the floor is 1.5m, at eye level. Instructions for use as well as fire safety rules need to be posted on the fire extinguisher. That will help users have more knowledge of safe handling when a fire occurs.
4. Areas suitable for installing fire extinguishers
The investor should install a fire extinguisher system within a radius of 20m moving with fire fighting objects. For fire extinguisher products that use a trolley, they should be placed at a distance of 30m.
According to regulations on installation of fire extinguishers, the suitable area for installing fire extinguishers is every 80m2, so there are 2 portable fire extinguishers. Fire extinguishers should be installed at escape locations such as stairs, entrances. When installing the tank at these positions, it will be convenient for users to control the fire. At the same time, it will also make it easier for people in the area of fire to escape. Always make sure you know how to use a fire extinguisher safely in the event of an emergency.
Contact us today for a free consultation and answer at:
Contact information P69 – M&E Contractor
Address: No. 6/165C Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Hotline: 02437688156 – 0965937799