1. WHAT IS HVAC?
HVAC stands for the following phrases:
- Heating: heating system
- Ventilating: ventilation system
- Air Conditioning: air conditioning system
HVAC is collectively referred to as the air conditioning system. a system that controls the temperature, humidity and air quality in an indoor space.
2. ROLE OF HVAC SYSTEM
Works based on the principles of heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. The HVAC system plays the following important roles:
- Provides an acceptable level of indoor air quality and thermal comfort
- Provide the best air quality for humans under any environmental conditions.
- Create a space with the highest temperature, quality and humidity.
- Make sure the climate in the structure is comfortable and the old air is replaced by fresh air from outside
HAVC system is an important structure, indispensable in the project, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems have a close relationship with each other.
3. WHAT IS A HVAC SYSTEM INCLUDED?
The general structure of HVAC heating system includes:
- Heater or heat pump: Used to heat water, steam or possibly air in a central location such as a furnace room in a house, a mechanical room in a large building. The hot steam can be transferred by convection, conduction, or radiation.
3.2: Ventilation system in HVAC
Altering or displacing the airflow in any space to control the temperature or eliminate any combination of moisture, odor, smoke, heat, dust, or bacteria in the air or CO2 and supplemental Oxygen.
- Exchange airflow with the outside as well as circulate the airflow in the building.
- The ventilation system in HVAC is considered as one of the very important factors to maintain the quality of the air inside each area in the buildings.
3.3 Internal air conditioning system HVAC
The air conditioning system performs the function of taking in cold air by:
- The temperature in the air will be removed by the air conditioning system with refrigerants such as: water, air, ice, chemicals…
- Heat removal takes place through radiation, convection or conduction.
- The refrigeration system will use a reversing valve, which switches from cooling to heating by reversing the flow of refrigerant when warm temperatures are needed.
4. The HVAC SYSTEM CYCLE
The HVAC cycle follows the following:
- Supply Air: Supply air including cold air and hot air
- Return Air: Brings air back into the system
- Exhaust Air: Exhaust the exhaust air